Aventis Pharma Limited, trading as Sanofi, a UK affiliate of Sanofi, S.A. ("Sanofi") is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998 ("Act"), the data controller is AVENTIS PHARMA LIMITED trading as Sanofi of 1 Onslow Street, Guildford, Surrey, GU1 4YS.
PERSONAL DATA COLLECTED BY SANOFI
When you visit this Sanofi website, Sanofi may collect the following data about you:
Personal data you provide to Sanofi – You may give Sanofi information by filling in forms on www.buscopan.co.uk or by corresponding with Sanofi by phone, email or otherwise. This includes, for example, information you provide when you register to use any of the features of www.buscopan.co.uk, subscribe to any of Sanofi’s services, or report adverse events. This information may include, for example, your name, address, e-mail address, and phone number.
Personal data Sanofi collects about you – when you visit www.buscopan.co.uk, Sanofi may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including Internet Protocol ("IP") address, your log-in information, browser type and version, plug-ins, time zone setting, and operating system; and
- information about your visit, including the pages you access before, during and after your visit to www.buscopan.co.uk (including dates and time), your activities on the website, page response times, length of visit to certain pages, and page interaction information.
HOW SANOFI USES THIS INFORMATION
Sanofi uses information held about you in the following ways:
Information you provide to Sanofi – Sanofi may use this information to:
- Forward your requests to the relevant team within Sanofi;
- Notify you about changes to Sanofi’s services; and
- Provide access to Sanofi’s applications and services.
Information Sanofi collects about you – Sanofi may use this information to:
- Customise, measure and improve the content and layout of Sanofi’s websites and applications;
- Administer Sanofi’s websites and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes; and
- Help keep Sanofi’s websites safe and secure. This may include, for example using, an IP address in order to identify a user when Sanofi feels that it is necessary in order to protect Sanofi’s services, a Sanofi website, other users, or to enforce compliance with the Sanofi websites’ terms and conditions of use.
HOW SANOFI SHARES YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Sanofi will not sell or rent your personal data to any third parties.
Sanofi may share your personal data with any member of the Sanofi Group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries.
Sanofi may combine your personal data with information Sanofi collects from its partners and use it to improve and personalise Sanofi applications, systems or services.
Sanofi will not disclose your personal data to anyone, except with your express permission or in certain special circumstances. For example, these special circumstances may include the following:
- If Sanofi is under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, regulatory or safety audit by the relevant authorities;
WHERE SANOFI STORES YOUR PERSONAL DATA
YOUR RIGHTS AND ACCESS TO INFORMATION
While most of the personal data Sanofi collect and process about you will be directly visible to yourself, you have the right to access personal data Sanofi holds about you, and to amend or delete inaccuracies in such data, except in cases where Sanofi is obliged to keep your personal data for legal purposes. If you wish to access, amend or delete your personal data, please submit your request to the contact details below.
The website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of Sanofi partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that Sanofi does not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.